Introduction of organization –
- a) HISTORY
Alliance for Idol Mission Nepal (AIM-Nepal), a non-government organization was established in 2010 in Sunsari, District Administration Office, Sunsari and in Internal Revenue Office, Dharan. It has particularly has been working for the empowerment of youth, and women. A pragmatic team of young social workers had come together and established the organization with a vision of non-discriminatory Nepal. Since its establishment, AIM-Nepal has been raising awareness, urging advocacy, and strengthening leadership capability of the excluded groups in the community. It has been mobilizing the underutilized community resources for the empowerment of the girl/women through their own participation. Alliance for Idol Mission Nepal (AIM-Nepal), particularly has been working for the empowerment of youth, and women.
AIM-Nepal is affiliated with SWC as well as District Human Rights Cell, Sunsari. It has been working by the support of governmental and non-governmental organization to provide different kind of support for the women empowerment. AIM-Nepal has established a good stamp of its own organization in the society for the betterment and development of the community. This organization has a general assembly, which elects an executive board of members. The general assembly adopts the organization’s policy and decisions and the executive board implements the all of the decisions made by the general assembly. The organizational vision is to expedition is against violence for peace in family and equality in society.
This organization has been working in the field of awareness rising, right based approach (RBA), women issues and governance for women empowerment mainly focusing in districts of Terai/Mahesh . This organization was formed for the uplifment of women who are deprived from access of socio-economic opportunities provided by the state. This organization has a general assembly, which elects an executive board of members. For the fulfillment of the purpose, this organization aims to work for the benefit of deprived and marginalized group focusing to Human Rights, Conflict Transformation and Peace Building, Capacity Building, Gender and Women Empowerment. The major target groups of the organization are women/girls, child, youth from marginalized community, victim of conflict, poor and vulnerable population. The organization is led by Ms. Chunni Khatun, Chairperson who hails from marginalized Muslim community and has done Master’s in Anthropology.
AIM-Nepal has been coordinating with a wide range of Government, and Non-Government institutions in implementing with a holistic and collaborative development approach. It has worked to implement diverse types of program such as livelihood enhancement, constitution building, women’s political rights, public hearing and advocacy. Recently, AIM-Nepal worked with the support of US Embassy and the coordination of Ministry of Health and Population for the mother and child health to increase health opportunities of women.
Similarly, in December 2013, the organization worked with the coordination of CECI for Improving the Quality of the Health Services of Selected Health Post in Sunsari District through Implementing Community Score Card. The organization also worked with the coordination of Today’s Youth Asia in 2012 for local level leadership workshop for Muslim women. It has also worked in coordination of Local Peace Committee for skill based program for those women who suffered by conflict and Madhesh movement.
AIM-Nepal is an important non-governmental organization of Sunsari district. It is short in establishment but effective in experience. What it starts, it completes with perfect result. It is strong to find the problem or violence, soft to find reality and able to solved the problem socially, legally and politically. When it goes ahead for the betterment, no flood and no storm of the violence can disturb to find reality and provide justice in the society and community. Because it is purious to work, serious to decide and capable to empower the women against the violence.
Its establishment, it has been providing the women different kinds of awareness, leadership development, skill development and mediation training. In the same training period short and effective community helping committee is formed and some important instructions are provided to the same committee. When the problem and violence’s cases comes, the already formed committee (paralegals committee ,Women Justice Centre) takes its action against the violence soon and informs AIM-Nepal about it in details for support and we are also informed by District and Rural Municipalities Police station in cases and especially in women issues.
- “Our expedition is against gender violence for peace in family and equality in society. “
- Our expedition is against gender violence for peace in family and equality in society.
- AIM Nepal focus has always been on prevention of violence of women/girl, a burning issue for Nepal. Enhance to develop income-generation, skill and awareness based empowerment, focus on quality education and health.
- AIM-Nepal vision a nation where women/girls are informed empowered and can make a difference no matter where they sit on the socio-economic scale, will make our village where young people are freely given the opportunity to take part in decision making, state leadership and nation building.
- AIM-Nepal believes young people have particularly women/girls have unique insights, experiences and recommendations that can make decision making more effective. Our mission is therefore to develop the abilities of young people, create and access opportunities that improve their lives and communities and also ensure that young women/girls are influencing policy decisions that affect their lives and help to realize their rights.
- The abused women/girls, children, suffering victims of gender violence; adolescent girls are the major target groups or say, beneficiaries of our programs. Organization will centralize to make them conscious, able, united and active. They will be able to consume Human Rights and fundamental Rights provided by state. Society will be happy, prosperous, self-dependent, non-discriminated and family will be peaceful.
- To make all public conscious about Universal, Declaration of Human Rights, Declaration and Women/Child convention against racial discrimination, fundament Rights promised by state, convention of treaty made by state.
- Uplift the awareness standard of the community to identify and mobilize the optimal volume of local resources.
- Improve the level of education and health for the development of the society.
- To launch programs such as orientation, interaction, seminar, training consciousness development, monitoring, investigation, formation of organization network, publication to conserve all types of human rights.
- To try to implement U. N. international human rights, Women/Child rights and Durban convention against racial discrimination.
- Eliminate the political / social / Economic/ Cultural exploitation for woman, child youth, and disabled Person to promote awareness of participation in political, social and Economic life.
- Uplift the living standard of women by conducting various activities relating to income generation, employment, capacity building and skill development programmed.
- Enhance maximum participation of both male and female to increase the awareness level of community to reduce discrimination, exploitation, injustice and increase the awareness level of quality education both formal and informal.
- Organize leadership development activities for the marginalized groups.
Rescuing women/girls forced into violence and helping to find socio-economic alternatives. AIM-Nepal would be to counsel them and empowered on health, education, laws, and fundamental rights.
The acknowledgement of the Universality of human rights and human dignity of each member of society form the basis for the work undertaken by AIM- Nepal. Human rights are characterized as universal, inalienable and fundamental.
- Local resources identification and working in sustainable livelihood programs.
- Forming and campaigning in common issue by networking.
- Social mobilizing through collective empowerment for social justice, rights, good governance and sustainable development.
- Programmed launch in capacity building, empowerment leadership, enhance health and well as education and skill development.
- Organizational Weakness and Strengthen
- Organizational Major Weakness:-
- Sometime Problem faced by the different community due to the lack of awareness in different issues.
- Due to financial problem, it has been difficult for us to launch most achievable, challenging and long-term programs.
- Lack of technical manpower.
- Lack of the proper monitoring and evaluation system adopted by local government.
- Lack of effective networking policies with organization by other stakeholders.
- Organizational Major Strengthen:-
- Particularly has been working for the women/girl from marginalized group for their basic and Democratic Rights.
- We launched education program about Human Rights to build non-discriminate society and peace.
- We Established “Youth Peace Dialogue Centre” with the coordination of ADO BC-Nepal.
- Coordination and collaboration with the different Government and Non-Government Agencies.
- We are launching free counseling center for women who are suffering from domestic violence.
- AIM-Nepal Regarded by Local Government and Donor Agencies.
- AIM-Nepal is well known Organization to voice for the Human Rights.
- Our organization awarded by Local Government in 2013 for its transparency and honesty towards community empowerment.
- Our Organization has 69 volunteers most of them from sunsari and other are particularly from Madhesh/Terai region and they are working and counseling those women who are suffering from Domestic Violence.
- Organization has well linked with the Local and Central Agencies for sufficient advice.
- We coordinate the Local Government for their planning to empower the community through discussion and documentation.
- We get Inspiration from the youth leaders and other Agencies working for the community, they are from the different part of Nation and out of Nation.
- Organizing own internal fund rising system for the sustainable of organization and for implementing the activities.
- Financial transparency.
- Good relationship with community people.