Take An Action
Every person has the potential to make a difference in the life of a girl/women. Whether you raise your voice on an issue, or join our network of Girl/Women, the actions you take make a loud statement that girls everywhere matter. What are you waiting for?
Let’s start here- Join the Movement
- Rape, Incest abuse, Dowry, Sexual assault, Human trafficking, Genital mutilation and Sexual slavery must end now.
- Abusive behavior toward women and girls must be viewed as unacceptable period.
- Women must be free to act in their own best interest—access to education, control over their finances, and a personal sense of autonomy.
- Together, we can break the silence. You can be the catalyst for adopting a zero tolerance approach for domestic violence. This is an issue damaging effects on women, families and communities.
- Local communities need to have an important role in defining solutions to support survivors.
- Employers must implement policies in the workplace to keep survivors safe at work.
- Policy-makers must break down gender-based inequalities within existing political, economic and social infrastructures.
- Men must stand beside women as fellow change agents.
- Women must stand beside women as fellow change agents.
Girls/Women Action Teams – Be a changemaker for girls/Women
MAKE A GIRLS/WOMEN ACTION TEAM AT YOUR SCHOOL/CAMPUS OR IN YOUR COMMUNITY! IF YOU ARE FROM OUR WORKING ARIA THEN WE WILL SUPPORT ADMINISTRATIVE AND TRAINING PART
Advocate For Change – You have a voice. Use it.
You were born to be heard. And together, when we raise our voices, we can make real change for girls/women. The actions you take can influence Nepal public policy and the legislative process so that girls/women everywhere can have a brighter future
There are tons of ways to advocate for girls. Pick the action that’s right for you — or be an advocacy all-star and complete them all! Girl Up’s current advocacy priority is:
- Raise Your Voice for Girls’ Education
Ø Raise Your Voice for Combat Bullying, Harassment, & Sexual Violence
Ø Raise Your Voice for Promote Educational Opportunities & Economic Independence
Ø Raise Your Voice for Reproductive Justice
Know your issue
The first step to being an advocate is educating yourself on the issues that are important to you. As an advocate for girls/women, learn about the challenges that impact adolescent girls around the Nepal—like gender-based violence, child marriage and lack of access to education—and think critically about the root causes of these challenges. You don’t have to be an expert on the issues, but you should understand the basics.
Now we have advocacy priority is in our website of AIM Nepal THEME tital.